[svlug] Fw: Red Hat Fedora Project

Marc MERLIN marc_news at merlins.org
Sun Nov 30 10:56:30 PST 2003

On Sun, Nov 30, 2003 at 10:24:52AM -0800, dfox wrote:
> Somebody scribbled about Re: [svlug] Fw: Red Hat Fedora Project
>
> >The more I look at it, the more it sounds like an unnecessary and
> > duplicate effort from Debian.
>
> Well all the orphaned Red Hatters can come to Mandrake. I'm sure they
> won't mind :). Personally, I went from Redhat 6.x to Mandrake 7.x about
> three years ago and never looked back. (hi todd lyons) :)

No offense, but I wouldn't put that much trust in the continuation of
Linux-Mandrake (or Mandrake-Linux, whichever it is) either.
I do wish them the best, really, but it doesn't look like it's worth the
trouble of switching if you take the risk of having to switch again in a
year or two if they really fold.

Right now, it's sad to say, but there is only one distro left that I'd trust
to be there in the long term, and that's Debian. Luckily, it also happens to
be the best distro for me, so it was an easy choice :)

Marc