[svlug] ssh to win98

Karl Larsen k5di at zianet.com
Sun Nov 30 08:50:46 PST 2003

On Sat, 29 Nov 2003, dfox wrote:

> Karl Larsen writes:
> >	It might make sense to forget ssh and just try and get a ftp
> >server going on my linux. I got a software device that you used from
> >Netscape that set up ftp in Red Hat 8. It didn't come with the software
>
> Install proftpd. It's not that complicated, and it should be there in

	I will look through my cd's for it. It isn't loaded for sure
now. I found from Google kcmpureftpd-0.9.1.tar.gz and first got the rmp
files but they will not load due to a library missing. So I compiled it
and it worked fine but this is from a few good progamers who don't write
in english. I installed this and it disappeared. I have no idea where it
went but will look. I guess pureftp is supposed to be much easier too.