[svlug] Linux for my mom?

Marc MERLIN marc_news at merlins.org
Sun Nov 30 08:29:48 PST 2003

On Fri, Oct 03, 2003 at 05:40:04AM -0600, Karl Larsen wrote:
> 	I have been running RH9 and it's pretty nice. You will need to

That's the 3rd time I read this.
It's not pretty nice, I've spent hours fixing it up for _engineers_ at my
company. Never mind my mom...
For one, the default DM that comes with it, crashes repeatetly (gnome)
With that UTF-8 crammed down your throat crap, you cannot input single
byte ISO-8859-1 accents anymore. That's a big no-no...
etc, etc...

> train her to put in her name and password.

No need. KDM has an auto-login feature.

Marc