[svlug] ftpd

Karl Larsen k5di at zianet.com
Sat Nov 29 13:03:11 PST 2003

	I looked and I have ftpd loaded on my Red Hat 9 computer but it
is not being used. I have man pages for ftpd and services and it appears
that ftp should use port 21. So I started ftpd with ftpd -p 21 and it
was picked up and runs according to ps -A.

	But when I call it with windows it doesn't fail but it doesn't
work either. There is a lot of the man page I don't understand. I can't
find out what version of ftpd I have and wonder if anyone has knowledge
of a Howto or other documentation for this demon.