[svlug] ssh to win98

dfox dfox at m206-157.dsl.tsoft.com
Sat Nov 29 10:37:17 PST 2003

Karl Larsen writes:
>	It might make sense to forget ssh and just try and get a ftp
>server going on my linux. I got a software device that you used from
>Netscape that set up ftp in Red Hat 8. It didn't come with the software

Install proftpd. It's not that complicated, and it should be there in
RedHat 9. It is automatic (well, configurable) in Mandrake. I would
recommend against setting up anonymous ftp. I was a victim of someone
recently with that - bizarre. (Not specifically bizarre in that I had
anonymous ftp, but bizarre in the types of files that were uploaded - a
large number of "RANDOMIZE" type files under random multiple levels of
directories, with names like "1.909220428905E12" or something.

dfox at tsoft.com                            change magnetic patterns
dfox at m206-157.dsl.tsoft.com               on your hard disk.