[svlug] ssh and windows

dfox dfox at m206-157.dsl.tsoft.com
Fri Nov 28 15:10:53 PST 2003

Somebody scribbled about Re: [svlug] ssh and windows
>Karl needs an ssh *server* (aka ssh daemon) running on his legacy MS
>Windows box.  As has been repeated several times in this thread.

But why? He thinks he needs one. I'm a bit late in replying to the
original post, but it would seem to me that if Karl uses scp on his
Windows 98 box (included with putty, it's called pscp) he could transfer
files from the Windows system to the Linux one. And he'd likely able to
do the reverse as well. I don't see the need for sshd running on Windows.

I also mentioned Samba as a possible option in my other posting, but I've
never done it, and for file copying etc., it would seem that putty/pscp
would be good enough.

dfox at tsoft.com                            change magnetic patterns
dfox at m206-157.dsl.tsoft.com               on your hard disk.