[svlug] Garbage Collection in C

Alex Bobby linuxprogrammer2003 at yahoo.co.in
Tue Nov 25 18:43:25 PST 2003

Programmers,

Do we have any better technical approach to implement garbage collection in C, other than establishing a counter and freeing () the
dynamic chunk when the count becomes zero.

I believe to make use of the storage classes of the pointers pointing to the chunk, the information embedded in the object file, by the compiler.

Thus, we go beyond the compilation phase, which I am not interested in.

RegardsGopi

Yahoo! India Mobile: Ringtones, Wallpapers, Picture Messages and more.Download now.