[svlug] ssh and windows

Kevin J. Anderson lestat at counter-strike.net
Sun Nov 16 20:36:33 PST 2003

->-----Original Message-----
->From: svlug-bounces+lestat=counter-strike.net at lists.svlug.org
->[mailto:svlug-bounces+lestat=counter-strike.net at lists.svlug.org]On
->Behalf Of Brandon Stafford
->Sent: Sunday, November 16, 2003 9:04 PM
->To: Karsten M. Self; svlug at lists.svlug.org
->Subject: RE: [svlug] ssh and windows
->
->> From: Karsten M. Self [mailto:kmself at ix.netcom.com]
->>
->> Karl needs an ssh *server* (aka ssh daemon) running on his legacy MS
->> Windows box.  As has been repeated several times in this thread.
->>
->> Please read with comprehension.
->
->	I'm sure I'm just being a bit thick here, but given that Karl
->already has sshd running on his Linux machine, wouldn't a ssh/scp client
->on the Windows side do the trick?
->
->Brandon

sure, he could just use winscp or putty's scp program to pull stuff over
from the linux box.  winscp sometimes isnt the most reliable in my
experience, but it usually works well.

putty's scp is only command line though, but it works well.  winscp is just
like a graphical ftp program that uses ssh.

kev