[svlug] ssh and windows

Karl Larsen k5di at zianet.com
Sun Nov 16 10:06:54 PST 2003

	Hi I'm playing with my sshd demon. It is working fine and when I try
to ssh to my own Red Hat 9 it works fine, when we get down to passwords. I
am able to bring my exterm window to myself. And exit works to disconnect
it.

	I have a laptop with windows 98 second edition loaded and I can ping
this computer and it can ping me. But when I try to ssh to windows I get:

[karl at bucket karl]$ ssh 192.168.0.101
ssh: connect to host 192.168.0.101 port 22: Connection refused
[karl at bucket karl]$

	This result makes me think that I need to set up windows to accept a
ssh from the Linux. Does anyone know if version 98 will work with ssh? What
besides the usual Internet setup is needed?

	I have read the ample man ssh and am really confused!