[svlug] printing on usb Brother HL-1440 with hl1250.ppd

Karl Larsen k5di at zianet.com
Wed Nov 12 13:06:03 PST 2003

On Wed, 12 Nov 2003, George Georgalis wrote:

> Have not configured a usb printer before and having some trouble,
> partly from not having an understanding of how the process works.

	George I just got a Brother HL-1440 and got it over the HP at
about the same price because it has both a parallel port and USB port
capability. Mine is up an running at 1250 ppi in my Red Hat 9 computer.
I used the Red Hat print manager and it listed it by name.

	I have no idea how to set up a USB port printer. I called HP and
they checked with the experts and said noboby recommends a USB port for
Linux.