[svlug] Red Hat and the ISVs?

David Chait davidc at bonair.stanford.edu
Mon Nov 10 14:17:00 PST 2003

> Why do you think they'll go for Debian over Fedora? What does Debian have
> to offer in an enterprise environment that Fedora does not?

A longer/more stable release cycle and it has been in release for a lot
longer (Fedora has been out for what...1 week?). I would never impliment
anything that has the release cycle Fedora is shooting for in a buisness
setting, or even at home. You do need to differentiate between RHL and
Fedora at this point, RHL is dead, gone, buried, deceased, etc. Fedora is
new and untested, I would take a more established OS over an untested OS any
day of the week. That very well may change with time, but Fedora will need
to earn back that trust after several releases showing the stability and
compatibility we expect from any OS.