[svlug] Debian is amazing

Karl Larsen k5di at zianet.com
Fri Nov 7 05:48:06 PST 2003

	After all the downloading and failures I finally did what was
needed and loaded two cd's and did a lot of setup and debian comes right
up in X windows. I still have a lot more setup but that is easy.

	What got me started was that when the cd-rom boots up it stops
with:

boot:

	There is a lot of things you can add to boot: and I tried all of
them. The last was:

boot:vanilla

and when I did that the installer started and worked fine.

	Now I have debian linux coming up with a couple of complaints to
a X window layout very similar to the one I have for Red Hat.