[svlug] Monitor Problem

Karl Larsen k5di at zianet.com
Wed Nov 5 13:38:35 PST 2003

On Wed, 5 Nov 2003, Sumeet Singh Parmar wrote:

> oh oops! Try here http://www.knoppix.org/ - The website is protesting s/w
> patents in Europe but click around and there are download mirrors.

	All the mirror sites send you back to knoppix.org and fail to
get you the software.

> Or try ibiblio - ftp://ibiblio.org/pub/linux/distributions/knoppix/

	I'm on ftp://ibiblio.org getting the right .iso now I hope. Will
put it on a cd-rom and see if it will work.

	Is this typical of what it takes to get a basic debian linux
working?

	It's going to take a few hours to d/l knoppix. My DSL is just
256k and the software is in europe...:-)