[svlug] Red Hat pulls plugs on Red Hat Linux product line

Sumeet Singh Parmar sparmar at veraznet.com
Wed Nov 5 12:48:19 PST 2003

There is a little known distribution ArchLinux http://archlinux.org/ - it
has pre-built packages in tar.gz format (i686) and a utility called pacman
that you can supply with a target mount plus the filelist. I usually get a
working system minus X in under 20 mins. You will want to forego the default
install process and figure out the exact binaries you need and prepare a
filelist that way. Not sure about how well it supports security patches,
updates, maintenance etc.

hth,
-Sumeet