[svlug] Red Hat pulls plugs on Red Hat Linux product line

Paul Zander paulz at ieee.org
Wed Nov 5 12:08:39 PST 2003

IMHO, Mandrake is the best distro for ease of installation.

The partition tool shows a picture of disk allocation so you can see what you are about to do.  They can even re-size an existing Windoz partition if you want to retain that.  You should be able to do a  complete install in a couple hours.

You might look at the results and decide to spend a second evening repeating the process with different partition sizes and packages, but that can happen with any distro.

Paul

Gary wrote:
I am really tempting to do the switch especially after hearing so much
good words from posts.  Other than gentoo, any other possible
suggestions?  I think I will have until next April to do all my
evaluations.  Thanks. =)