[svlug] Monitor Problem

Karl Larsen k5di at zianet.com
Wed Nov 5 04:55:25 PST 2003

On Tue, 4 Nov 2003, Erik Steffl wrote:

> Karl Larsen wrote:
> > 	This afternoon I tried to load debian onto a partition of this
> > computer and it failed for an odd reason. I rebooted and put the debian
> >

>    it might help to try knoppix and see what hw it autodetects... as
> another post said it's problaby wrong X config (if knoppix works check
> how it configures X).
>
> 	erik

	Maybe I was not clear. I boot up with cd1 of debian and my bios
is set to boot from a cd and it does. I get a crude page on the monitor
that tells me this cd can be used as a rescue device. To install just
hit enter.

	I hit enter and I see a kernel start to load, and then the
screen goes blank.

	The next time I pressed all the function keys and tried several
special boot parameters but none of those worked either. I guess the
next step is to make a darn floppy and see if I can see anything that
loads!