[svlug] Red Hat pulls plugs on Red Hat Linux product line

Gary Lin glin at employees.org
Tue Nov 4 21:20:07 PST 2003

Thanks so much for all the responses.  One more question about gentoo
though (Sorry for being too greedy =) ).  Does Gentoo provides any
configuration tool similar to linuxconf?  I have been very happy with
linuxconf (until RH takes it away starting in the 7.3 release) since
linuxconf provide a text based (rather than X-based) UI interface for
easy service configuration via a text based ssh connection.  I can also
save some troubles of hand tweaking the configuration file when I just
need to do some generic configuration for certain services.

I am really tempting to do the switch especially after hearing so much
good words from posts.  Other than gentoo, any other possible
suggestions?  I think I will have until next April to do all my
evaluations.  Thanks. =)

-- Gary