[svlug] Monitor Problem

Karl Larsen k5di at zianet.com
Tue Nov 4 13:46:09 PST 2003

	This afternoon I tried to load debian onto a partition of this
computer and it failed for an odd reason. I rebooted and put the debian
cd 1 into the drive and the computer booted from the cd-rom. It said to
just hit enter for a normal load.

	I did this and saw part of the kernel loading and then the
screen went blank. It stayed blank for 5 minutes. I used Ctrl-Alt-Delete
and it dropped out and I could use the computer again.

	The monitor is a 17 inch liquid crystal made by KDS and it's
called a RAD-7c. It is a really fine monitor and is easy on the eyes.
But I think the problem must be with the monitor.

	I loaded this Red Hat 9 using this monitor and it worked just
great. Any ideas?