[svlug] [svlug-announce] SVLUG Nov 05: Wim Coekaerts: Cluster Filesystem Design on Linux

stevegt@svlug.org stevegt at svlug.org
Tue Nov 4 10:41:21 PST 2003

We're pleased to announce the next meeting of the Silicon Valley Linux
Users Group!

WHAT:

  Cluster Filesystem Design on Linux

WHEN:

  Wednesday, 05 Nov, 7pm-9pm or so.

WHO:

  Wim Coekaerts, Oracle's Linux guru

BACKGROUND:

  An indepth look at a cluster filesystem for linux designed for
  database operations and the future direction of the project to move
  towards designing a general purpose cluster filesystem. Includes a
  demo and a description of how to set up a cheap homebrew cluster
  using firewire storage.

ABOUT THE SPEAKER:

  Wim Coekaerts is Director of Linux Engineering Corporate
  Architecture for Oracle Corporation. His group looks at how Linux
  needs to evolve and how Oracle can contribute to ensuring large
  enterprise companies can adopt it quickly. Within Oracle's "Linux
  kernel group", Mr. Coekaerts is involved in prototyping and doing
  research in clustering technologies in Linux as well as single node
  features.

WHERE:

Cisco Building 9.  The land of NUMBERS.  The VINEYARDS conference
center.  The side we are on is the Silver Oak/Jordan conference rooms,
where a large Cisco fountain is usually not turned on.  Directions on
how to get there are listed at:

        http://www.svlug.org/directions/cisco-9.shtml

We've tried our very best for these directions to be accurate.  If you
have any improvements to make, please let our Web Team know!
web-team at svlug.org

NOTES:

It's best if you arrive close to on time, as otherwise there may not
be someone posted at the door to let you in.  After the speakers end
their presentation there is usually a Q&A session, time for job
seekers and employers to meet, and often a few door prizes.  When the
meeting is over people are encouraged to chat a bit, but also to exit
the building so Cisco can lock up.  Don't worry, a lot of us go to
dinner afterward so there's plenty of time to chat outdoors or
offsite.

We look forward to seeing you there!