[svlug] Request

Karl Larsen k5di at zianet.com
Mon Nov 3 05:07:52 PST 2003

On Mon, 3 Nov 2003, Nirmala Thiagarajan wrote:

> hi svlug members,
>
> Good Morning to all. I am Nirmala working as faculty cum network
> administrator at vectrasystems private solution.
>
> I tried to configure proxy using squid 2.4.STABLE7 version that is in
> built in linux 9.0 os. I want to restrict access on individual user and

	I am using Red Hat 9 and loaded everything. The man and info
squid are blank pages. Yes it's loaded but my thoughts are it's ready
for use if you get information from another source.

	I'm old and we did this using standard makeuser makegroup and
using chmod a lot. There is a lot of man and info help for this method.

> group basis. I studied the documentation and tried but it is not working

	Where did you find the documentation for squid?
/usr/share/doc/squid_??

> .

> I want proxy authentication. So I enabled authentication_program
> /usr/lib/squid/pam_auth /etc/passwd

	Red Hat 9 uses a protected /etc/passwd and you will need to
deactivate that before making a new password system.