[svlug] Config mouse/gpm on Debian [Solution]

Akbar Ahmed akbar_svlug at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 2 10:01:51 PST 2003

--- J C Lawrence <claw at kanga.nu> wrote:
> Have you read the gpm manpage or run gmpconfig and
> gpm-mouse-test?

Yes, I read the man page and did a number of searches
on google before posting to the list. I also ran
gpmconfig and gpm-mouse-test. Neither command
probed/configured the mouse correctly.

However, while trying various settings for the type
parameter in /etc/gpm.conf I noticed that some
settings would totally disabled the mouse, which lead
me to conclude that the mouse jitter may be caused by
an incorrect type setting.

It appears that the setting of type=autops2 was
setting the mouse type to ps2. When I set type=imps2
everything works as expected.

Thanks,
Akbar