[svlug] SCO hints at harassing Linus himself

David Masten dmasten at piratelabs.org
Fri May 30 11:46:03 PDT 2003

On Fri, 2003-05-30 at 09:57, James Leone wrote:
> As with many things, politics will definitely be involved with this
> issue.  The court of public opinion has a jury packed with people that
> have no idea what the issues are, all they think they know is "there is
> no such thing as a free lunch" and "communism didn't work, look at
> Eastern Europe" both unrelated to the issue, but still ringing true to
> the unknowledgeable ear.

Which is even more reason for getting the truth out. SCO's complaint is
fraudulent, I cannot imagine that anyone can be so ignorant as to make
that many mistakes and so stupid as to not do some simple fact checking.
We need to get the message out that SCO's complaint is baseless and that
we welcome and value the contributions from businesses such as IBM and
the SCO Group's work as Caldera. Most importantly if there really are
intellectual property problems in the Linux source code then the Linux
community is willing and able to find solutions if SCO would approach
the community peacefully with its specific concerns.

It seems to me a nice media-friendly, peaceful protest can help in that
regard.

Dave
--
David Masten <dmasten at piratelabs.org>