[svlug] SCO hints at harassing Linus himself

Richard Sharpe rsharpe at richardsharpe.com
Fri May 30 10:22:36 PDT 2003

On Fri, 30 May 2003, James Leone wrote:

> >There is nothing in anti-SCO movement that can make us look bad.
> >
> Tell that to James Carville, he could make the pope look bad.   :-)
>
> Here is an article that I absolutely _hate_ but it does a Carvellian job
> of making us look bad:
>
> http://www.capmag.com/article.asp?ID=2808

The summary of this article is:

>the community make sure that their products don't contain, by accident or
>purpose, someone else's intellectual property?

In fact, it is far easier to do this with open-source software than it is
with propietary products :-)

How many times has Microsoft been caught out in that regard? Even assuming
that their transgressions were not willful, they have occurred:

 - DEC took action against MS over Windows NT and gained a sizable
   out of court settlement, I believe,

 - Stac

 - Others.

Regards