[svlug] SCO hints at harassing Linus himself

Rafael Skodlar raffi at linwin.com
Thu May 29 22:57:42 PDT 2003

On Thu, May 29, 2003 at 06:22:12PM -0700, Cameron Palmer wrote:
> Demonizing SCO only makes us look bad. It adds validity to the claims
> of companies that see Open Source and Linux as a hostile business
> unfriendly group.

World is simple these days, it's either they are with us or against us.
There is nothing in anti-SCO movement that can make us look bad. Who
cares about "companies that see Open Source and Linux as a hostile
business". They are loosers in the first place and their number is
shrinking.

> We will have a better idea how this will play out on or around June 13th
> when IBM makes its move. Hopefully IBM will be decisive, as in Checkmate.

Funny, it's IBM that created "evil empire" and it's invisible dark deals
that is destroying the competition any way possible. Is IBM going to
redeem itself and correct the original problem with their legal team? We
hope so but that's not the only option. Any disputable code can easily
be replaced with different one like BSD was.

It's hard to understand why SCO is attacking Linux? Technicaly it's
GNU/Linux which means that the majority of code, the one that's very
likely in dispute, is not in the kernel at all. Any word from RMS?

--
Rafael