[svlug] SCO hints at harassing Linus himself

josh joshw at speakeasy.net
Thu May 29 17:57:21 PDT 2003

Don Marti wrote:
>> begin William R Ward quotation of Thu, May 29, 2003 at 04:19:36PM -0700:

>>>Please read again: Bryan was suggesting a blacklist of EXECUTIVES not
>>>employees.  Personally I'm undecided as to whether it's a good idea or
>>>not, much less a feasible one.
>>
> You can't divide a company into people with power and people without.

Sure you can.  Watch, I'm gonna do it right now:

"The engineers at SCO had zero power to stop these shenannigans before
they started because they were almost certainly not consulted on the
matter.  Further, they likely have very little power to stop them now,
if there are indeed any lawsuit plans in the works."

> That insults and dehumanizes everyone you don't call an "executive".

Maybe so.

> Everyone has a moral obligation not to participate in an evil
> organization.

You'll excuse me if I can't really bring myself to use the word 'evil'
in association with this.  Stupid, uncalled for, rude, unfounded - these
are words I can agree with.  Evil?  Oh, come on.

- josh