[svlug] SCO hints at harassing Linus himself

Scott Hess scott at doubleu.com
Thu May 29 12:43:17 PDT 2003

On Thu, 29 May 2003, Ian Kluft wrote:
> Let's clear up where we'll draw the line.  It doesn't matter whether a
> suit is possible.  They're trying to make a problem of themselves where
> they think they can get their perception of good PR. We're establishing
> deterrent against harassing individual volunteers.  If they engage in
> any form of harassment against Linus (or any individual volunteer), then
> it's personal and we'll make our wrath felt in Utah.

Hmm, well, if this were some lesser-known light in the Linux firmament,
I'd be with you.  But, to be honest, I think that pulling Linus in
wouldn't be half-bad, long-term.  Yes, it's annoying and apalling.  On the
other hand, Linus is in a position where he should have zero problems
pulling together a crack defense team and PR campaign to paste SCO all
over the landscape.  I mean, just imagine the volume of friend-of-court
petitions involved!  And the political field day!  Might set a nice
precedent for future idiot companies.

Later,
scott