[svlug] SCO hints at harassing Linus himself

Rafael Skodlar raffi at linwin.com
Wed May 28 23:01:53 PDT 2003

Seems that fools have not run out of ammunition to shoot themselves
in the foot multiple times.

I'm not worried about it since they don't own as much as they think.
Novel surprized with very positive support for Linux and ammunition to
fight unproven alegations by SCO:
http://www.novell.com/news/press/archive/2003/05/pr03033.html

It's my firm belief that there is more to "smoke room deals" at SCO than
source code for Linux. Commercial software dinosaur is releasing poison
pills in all possible places hoping that corporate decission makers
will swallow them and go for proprietary OS.

They are loosing large accounts because they can't bribe everywhere or
fool everybody:
http://linuxtoday.com/infrastructure/2003052802126NWDTPB

While flying to Utah would be fun under normal circumstances, current
harassment of normal travelers at the airports makes that a significant
challenge. Driving a bunch of cars with a mission statement seems more
appealing.

--
Rafael