[svlug] Custom Install CD using Anaconda + RH 8.0

Akbar Ahmed akbar_svlug at yahoo.com
Wed May 28 16:36:03 PDT 2003

Hi,

Are there any good resources for using Ananconda to
create a custom install CD of RH 8.0?

Also, is Anaconda the right track for what I'm trying
to accomplish (listed below)?

Basically, I would like to create install CD's with
only the packages that I require, and an install that
does not prompt for package selection, IP
address/networking (similar to kickstart). I would
also like to add some additional packages, apply
current patches, and upgrade some packages on the CD
so I don't have to do so after installation.

Thank you,
Akbar