[svlug] Re: mutt/procmail/nfs

Matt Billenstein matt at vazor.com
Tue May 27 13:56:57 PDT 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Marc MERLIN" <marc_news at merlins.org>
To: "George Georgalis" <georgw at galis.org>
Cc: <svlug at lists.svlug.org>
Sent: Tuesday, May 27, 2003 11:52 AM
Subject: Re: [svlug] Re: mutt/procmail/nfs

> On Sat, May 03, 2003 at 01:47:46PM -0400, George Georgalis wrote:
> > Yes NFS matters. Maildir was developed because mbox over NFS is
> > unreliable.

Well, it seemed to be unreliable for me for whatever reason.  I guess all
the different mount options make the difference here?

I actually never followed up, but I converted everything to maildir and got
procmail reliably dropping messages in the folders, but mutt can't seem to
see the messages; I think because procmail is naming them completely
differently or something.  Haven't had time to follow up in any detail so
I've been doing sorting mostly by hand until I do.

thx

Matt Billenstein
matt at vazor.com
http://www.vazor.com/