[svlug] LCD Monitor compatibility with Redhat 8.0

Jeffrey Siegal jbs at quiotix.com
Mon May 19 19:50:02 PDT 2003

I don't think the PowerEdge 600SC integrated video has DVI output, so
you will have to run in analog, so there is a loss of quality.  Usually
that loss of quality is pretty small though.

If you add a video card with DVI, most of them require using the
vendor's binary drivers to get digital output.  If you don't care about
that, then you have a lot of choices.  Radeon 7500 is one exception I
know about (I'm using one right now), though there are probably others.