[svlug] dual boot, new dell laptop.

Paul Zander paulz at ieee.org
Sat May 17 13:37:20 PDT 2003

I would recommend that you first defragment the disk from windows.  It
is amazing how fast Windows can scramble up a disk.  This will much
easier to partition the disk.

Having used earlier versions of Mandrake, it very easy to set up
partitions for Linux.

Meanwhile, I am anticipating buying a new laptop.  Let us know how
Mandrake 9.1 worked for you.

Paul

George Georgalis wrote:

> I'm setting up a new laptop and introducing linux to a friend... (who
> doesn't speak much English and hasn't used computers before BTW)
>
> Last time I setup a laptop, I just deleted the "D:" partition and
> installed linux there. This baby has XP installed on one NTFS
> partition. Doh! The only practical way I can think of to deal with it

is