[svlug] TWiki Web Collaboration at May Internet Developer Meeting May 20th.

Bill Selmeier bills at right-net.com
Fri May 16 16:47:27 PDT 2003

Next Tuesday evening the Internet Developer Group will cover a topic that
will interest many on this list.  Peter Thoeny will discuss web
collaboration and the GPL'd TWiki project specifically.  If we resolve
security concerns, we hope to do the presentation from withing the TWiki
itself.  If web colaboration interests you, we hope to see you there.  The
standard announcement follows:

What:   Web Collaboration Tools - The TWiki in Particular

Who:    Peter Thoeny - Software Developer, Engineering Manager at Wind
	River

Dinner: Pizza for $4    starting at 7pm till 7:30pm.  If you're interested
        send me mail so I buy enough! ;-) And, if you have topping
        requests, we will honor the popular ones.

When:   Tuesday, May 20, 2003
        7:00-9:00 PM

Where:  AOL/Netscape
        Planet Moz Dining Room, Building 22
        468 Ellis Street,
        Mountain View, CA

Web collaboration empowers corporate sales organizations, software
development groups, and support groups to work faster and more
productively.  At May's Internet Developer Group Meeting we'll hear from
Peter Thoeny, the developer of TWiki, a leading open-source GPL web
collaboration tool.  It's in use at Wind River, Boeing, AMD, CNN and many
other large-to-small organizations with people who must work together, but
are located in geographically diverse locations.

Far more than video conference workspaces, web collaboration is used to
schedule, manage, document, support and present the work of task groups
that may co-reside in one building or be spread out around the world.
Their work may be secured or openly available.  Participants can
productively work from many different time zones.  The participants
themselves determine the culture of the work.

Join us for Pizza ($4 for the Pizza) at 7PM on Tuesday, May 20th to hear
about this evolving new work environment.

*******************************
SPEAKER:   Peter Thoeny - Software Developer
*******************************

Peter is a software developer with over 15 years experience, specializing
in software architecture, user interface design and web technology. Peter
is the author of the open source collaboration software, TWiki, and has
managed the project over the last four years. He graduated from the Swiss
Federal Institute of Technology in Zurich, lived in Japan for 8 years
working as an engineering manager for Denso (the largest auto electric
parts supplier in Japan), and has now been in the Silicon Valley for 5
years. He manages the Engineering Operations group at Wind River, which
has a large TWiki deployment.

******************************
Time & Schedule: 7:00-9:00 PM  Tuesday, May 20, 2003
******************************

  7:00 - 7:30 PM Registration and Networking and Pizza Dinner.

  7:30 - 8:30 PM Web Collaboration - TWiki

  8:30 - 9:00 PM Personal Networking and Announcements

Directions:  See map and directions at http://www.internetdeveloper.org

We will meet in the western wing of the main Netscape dining room,
Netscape Building 22, 468 Ellis Street, Mountain View, CA Those who wish
to join us for Pizza should be at the Planet Moz Dining Room by 7pm.

For non-AOL/Netscape attendees, it will probably be simplest to enter the
building through the main lobby located where the two wings of the
building join.