[svlug] dual boot, new dell laptop.

George Georgalis georgw at galis.org
Thu May 15 17:58:23 PDT 2003

I'm setting up a new laptop and introducing linux to a friend... (who
doesn't speak much English and hasn't used computers before BTW)

Last time I setup a laptop, I just deleted the "D:" partition and
installed linux there. This baby has XP installed on one NTFS
partition. Doh! The only practical way I can think of to deal with it is
fips or something like it, but does it work on NTFS?

As much as I'd like, erasing XP completely is not an option.
Recommendations? Trials? Tribulations (go lightly please)?

// George

--
GEORGE GEORGALIS, System Admin/Architect    cell: 646-331-2027
Security Services, Web, Mail,            mailto:george at galis.org
Multimedia, DB, DNS and Metrics.       http://www.galis.org/george