[svlug] SCO schmo

Rafael Skodlar raffi at linwin.com
Thu May 15 11:44:53 PDT 2003

I keep seeing news about the (possible) lawsuit(s):
http://www.informationweek.com/story/showArticle.jhtml;jsessionid=N14E50PLWIV00QSNDBGCKH0CJUMEKJVN?articleID=10000026
What kind of bug bit SCO?

These guys are either plain stupid or there is something else like an
attack from the competing BIG OS that's loosing market share? Who are
the largest shareholders in SCO? Why would they want to kill their
cousins?

GNU software was not "bad" when they created SCSO Linux Server Release
4.0 (United Linux).

Linux today reports:
LinuxWorld: SCO Suspends Linux Sales, Torvalds Reacts
http://linuxtoday.com/developer/2003051501226NWKNLL

yet they (SCO) keep Open Source software on their FTP site and benefit
from it. Instead of making developers of OSS aware of possible conflict
with their proprietary code and have it changed, they turn against
"Linux crowd".

There is no mention of *BSD*, yet.

I'll make damn sure that SCO Linux never gets installed anywhere I work
if they keep behaving like that. Stinking bastards.

Pick your conspiracy theory.

--
Rafael