[svlug] Re: Re: Procmail (spam) rule for junk tag gaps?

George Georgalis georgw at galis.org
Wed May 14 14:23:57 PDT 2003

On Wed, May 14, 2003 at 07:55:51PM +0000, Robert Hajime Lanning wrote:
>On Wed, 14 May 2003, George Georgalis wrote:
>>
>> I started with this....
>>
>>   | sed -e 's/<[^>]*>//g'
>>
>> Then occured to me, do what happens for client...
>>
>>   | w3m -T text/html -dump
>>
>> and pipe on to spam check test.
>
>Just don't use the sed command on the headers.  Talk about removing
>required information.

When using procmail "H" is the default, but ":0 B" would be used for
this test. (man procmailrc)

       H    Egrep the header (default).

       B    Egrep the body.

Using ":0 Bc" then ":0 a" is good for auto responders etc. The first
rule processes the body and the second concatenates it to 'formail -r'
output which is then piped to a mail program.

// George

--
GEORGE GEORGALIS, System Admin/Architect    cell: 646-331-2027
Security Services, Web, Mail,            mailto:george at galis.org
Multimedia, DB, DNS and Metrics.       http://www.galis.org/george