[svlug] My computers give each other the silent treatment

Scott Thompson scott_thompson at earthlink.net
Tue May 13 20:48:34 PDT 2003

Thanks to all for your help.  After doing some research on the problem I
was having, I concluded it must be a bug in the tulip driver in the 2.4
series kernel.  I built and installed a 2.2 series kernel and the error
changed a bit.  Anyway, to make a short story long, I've concluded that
at least on of my NICs is bad.

Anyway, thanks for all your help and suggestions (especially Ian).

I'm not a Linux "expert" like many of you (although I'm getting
better...), and I appreciate the helping hand I've always gotten from
this group.  I would have to say that the "community" is the best Linux
feature.

Thanks again,
~Scott

<snip>