[svlug] New Penguin Magazine

Ian Kluft ikluft at thunder.sbay.org
Sun May 11 23:15:12 PDT 2003

>From: James Colannino <email2jamez at covad.net>
>Hey everyone.  I don't know if anyone has seen my online mag lately, but
>it's looking pretty grim right now.  When I started, I wasn't expecting
>to have a close to full time job.  [...]  I just
>don't want to see this die.  Let me know if anyone is interested.

James -

You probably intended to include the URL.  Since it wasn't there,
I had to check my crystal ball. (a.k.a. Google)  It told me the URL is...
   http://www.newpenguintimes.com/

On the surface of it, this sounds OK.  But any potential volunteers may
be interested in more info.  What ideas did you have about the editorial
direction of the site?

I assume SVLUG isn't the only LUG you've contacted.  (Well, Google told
me that.)  So do you want to orient it toward LUGs and Linux community
activities?  If so, I think we may find it useful to contribute some
info about the "Picn*x12" Linux 12th anniversary picnic that's being
organized by SVLUG, sbay.org, LUG of Davis, SacLUG and probably more
before we're done counting them.  We have already reserved the Sunnyvale
Baylands Park for Aug 9, including areas with capacity for 750 attendees.
We're also gearing up our web site for this year: http://linuxpicnic.org/