[svlug] My computers give each other the silent treatment

Scott Thompson scott_thompson at earthlink.net
Wed May 7 21:40:06 PDT 2003

This is slightly off topic from Linux, but still...

I have a Debain Linux machine and a windows 2000 machine that are
networked.  Lately, they refuse to talk.  I have been getting the
following error message at my Linux box:

<snip>
NETDEV WATCHDOG: eth0: transmission timed out
eth0: Transmission timed out, status 02261000, CSR12 00000030,\
resetting...
</snip>

'ifconfig eth0' shows the card up and functioning

Win2K shows it's card up and functioning.

Any ideas?
--
Regards,
~Scott Thompson