[svlug] Framebuffer Doesn't Work Right Anymore!

Serban Giuroiu gyzmobro at yahoo.com
Wed May 7 21:15:14 PDT 2003

--- J C Lawrence <claw at kanga.nu> wrote:
>   $start 2>&1 > /tmp/X.log

I ran that (startx instead of start) and the only
thing that got put in my file was a list of numbers
incrementing by five.

> > But, when I start X it runs only at 640x480
> compmared to 1024x768 from
> > before. And the mouse just flys around the screen
> randomly when I try
> > to move it, so I can't redo my X settings because
> I can't select my
> > monitor with the keyboard in
> redhat-config-xfree86.
>
> Use the keyboard to navigate among the fields, or,
> more simply,
> hand-edit /etc/X11/XF86Config-4.

I can navigate in X with the keyboard just fine until
I get to the list of monitors and I don't know how to
expand list when I've selected the name of the company
that makes the monitor. I'm not very good at editing
XF86Config either.

> --
> J C Lawrence
> ---------(*)                Satan, oscillate my
> metallic sonatas.
> claw at kanga.nu               He lived as a devil, eh?
>
> http://www.kanga.nu/~claw/  Evil is a name of a
> foeman, as I live.

=====
This message was sent by Serban Giuroiu, also known as The Gyzmo.

E-MAIL: < g y z m o b r o  at  y a h o o  dot  c o m > (no spaces)
GAIM: < g y z m o b r o > (no spaces)

"Code Smarter, Not Harder"