[svlug] Framebuffer Doesn't Work Right Anymore!

Serban Giuroiu gyzmobro at yahoo.com
Wed May 7 18:21:26 PDT 2003

--- J C Lawrence <claw at kanga.nu> wrote:
> On Tue, 6 May 2003 16:29:58 -0700 (PDT)
>
> Boot into a shell.  Kill xdm if running.  Run startx
> piping the output
> (stdout and stderr) to a file.  The contents should
> tell you what is
> going on.

I don't know how to pipe streams besides doing > or >>
at the prompt and for some reason that didn't work
when I did 'startx > xlog'. I did look at what it spat
out to the console and there weren't any errors as far
as I could tell.

I'm just curious, but what does X have to do with
framebuffer in this situation? I did notice that when
I booted up, kudzu said it couldn't find my TNT2
anymore so I just told it to keep the configuration.
But, when I start X it runs only at 640x480 compmared
to 1024x768 from before. And the mouse just flys
around the screen randomly when I try to move it, so I
can't redo my X settings because I can't select my
monitor with the keyboard in redhat-config-xfree86.

> --
> J C Lawrence
> ---------(*)                Satan, oscillate my
> metallic sonatas.
> claw at kanga.nu               He lived as a devil, eh?
>
> http://www.kanga.nu/~claw/  Evil is a name of a
> foeman, as I live.

=====
This message was sent by Serban Giuroiu, also known as The Gyzmo.

E-MAIL: < g y z m o b r o  at  y a h o o  dot  c o m > (no spaces)
GAIM: < g y z m o b r o > (no spaces)

"Code Smarter, Not Harder"