[svlug] choosing a linux cam

George Georgalis georgw at galis.org
Wed May 7 11:21:09 PDT 2003

I've heard the '3com' usb video cameras are compatible and work well
with linux.  Unfortunatly I thought these where the <$50 variety I saw
in stores, not the $200 ones referenced here:

http://www.ionetworks.com/products/watchportv.html
http://homeconnectusb.sourceforge.net/

I'm looking for a camera for realtime image processing, nothing fancy,
it will be used to determine when someone is standing in front of it,
so one of those $50 (or less) jobs should do the trick. What do you
recommend?  Maybe this kind of software is written already?

// George

--
GEORGE GEORGALIS, System Admin/Architect    cell: 646-331-2027
Security Services, Web, Mail,            mailto:george at galis.org
Multimedia, DB, DNS and Metrics.       http://www.galis.org/george