[svlug] Re: congo font... RH? openoffice? staroffice?

George Georgalis georgw at galis.org
Wed May 7 10:35:44 PDT 2003

On Thu, May 01, 2003 at 10:54:36PM +0100, Karsten M. Self wrote:
>on Thu, May 01, 2003 at 10:24:16AM -0400, George Georgalis (georgw at galis.org) wrote:
>> At some point (running RH, or star office) I created a doc with the
>> Congo font.  Now I don't have that font on my system, I extracted many RH
>> rpms but could not find it. What package did the congo font come from,
>> how can I get it on my system?
>
>Likely a third party fonts collection.  There are numerous font sites
>online, you might try searching these (the top three Google sites didn't
>match "congo" as a keyword search).
>
>Barring that, I'd suggest changing fonts in your document, OR, first
>preference, switching to use of a stylesheet so that you don't get stuck
>with this problem in the future.  Your stylesheet should specify locally
>available fonts, with sane default fallback values.

How do you mean stylesheets to avoid the problem? Can fonts be placed
in stylesheets? Err, now I get your meaning. I think it is already
covered with the openoffice drawing file format: though the font is
still identified as Congo in the application font selector, it has been
substitute ed with helvetica. Which is closest.

// George

--
GEORGE GEORGALIS, System Admin/Architect    cell: 646-331-2027
Security Services, Web, Mail,            mailto:george at galis.org
Multimedia, DB, DNS and Metrics.       http://www.galis.org/george