[svlug] Framebuffer Doesn't Work Right Anymore!

Serban Giuroiu gyzmobro at yahoo.com
Tue May 6 16:29:58 PDT 2003

Last night, on one of my Redhat 8.0 boxes, I
recompiled the kernel (the 2.4.18 one that comes with
Redhat 8) to enable framebuffer support following the
directions from the Framebuffer HOWTO. It worked so I
gave the vga=0x317 argument to run at a 1024x768
resolution and that worked too. When I came home today
and booted the machine up the same way, it seemed like
it got into that resolution for a moment and then went
back to 640x480. The same happens for other
resolutions. Any suggestions?

=====
This message was sent by Serban Giuroiu, also known as The Gyzmo.

E-MAIL: < g y z m o b r o  at  y a h o o  dot  c o m > (no spaces)
GAIM: < g y z m o b r o > (no spaces)

"Code Smarter, Not Harder"