[svlug] snagging another computers printer output

Larry Colen lrclug at red4est.com
Fri May 2 17:01:32 PDT 2003

I did some more research and found a project for doing this:

http://www.qi.fcen.uba.ar/materias/iqi/paralel1/home.clear.net.nz/pages/kheidens/lptcap/lptcap.htm
http://www.doc.ic.ac.uk/~ih/doc/par/

The key to search on is lptcap

This page has schematics for some hardware needed to do the job.

This discussion did get me to thinking about looking for a parallel to
serial converter, and there seems to be one at:
http://www.telebyteusa.com/catalog/manuals/m109A.htm

I suppose that I should have phrased the question about how I can
capture data being sent to a parallel printer from a "closed dos box",
rather than trying to suggest a method (input to the parallel port).

--
I've found something worse than oldies station that play the music I used to
listen to. Oldies stations that play the "new" music I used to complain about.