[svlug] snagging another computers printer output

Larry Colen lrclug at red4est.com
Fri May 2 16:16:25 PDT 2003

The dyno that I've been using to tune my MG is a "smog" dyno, rather
than a performance dyno. It won't save any of the data to harddrive,
it only prints it out to the printer. It should not be too hard to
write a program that would allow me to hook up my parallel port to the
other parallel port (I'd probably need to find an old laplink cable),
and store the data directly into a file. However, I expect that such a
program has already been written. I've just tried a quick google
search as well as freshmeat, but nothing immediately lept up. Does
anyone know, off hand, of a program that would let me capture another
computer's printer output? This would let me stuff the data into a
spreadsheet, calculate torque, do pretty pictures etc.

--
I've found something worse than oldies station that play the music I used to
listen to. Oldies stations that play the "new" music I used to complain about.