[svlug] congo font... RH? openoffice? staroffice?

Karsten M. Self kmself at ix.netcom.com
Thu May 1 14:54:36 PDT 2003

on Thu, May 01, 2003 at 10:24:16AM -0400, George Georgalis (georgw at galis.org) wrote:
> At some point (running RH, or star office) I created a doc with the
> Congo font.  Now I don't have that font on my system, I extracted many RH
> rpms but could not find it. What package did the congo font come from,
> how can I get it on my system?

Likely a third party fonts collection.  There are numerous font sites
online, you might try searching these (the top three Google sites didn't
match "congo" as a keyword search).

Barring that, I'd suggest changing fonts in your document, OR, first
preference, switching to use of a stylesheet so that you don't get stuck
with this problem in the future.  Your stylesheet should specify locally
available fonts, with sane default fallback values.

Peace.

    Linux: Good, fast, _and_ cheap.