[svlug] SIS 650 chipset experiences/configs?

Karsten M. Self kmself at ix.netcom.com
Mon Mar 31 15:05:26 PST 2003

I've purchased a Mocha P4 system from CappuccinoPC
(http://www.cappuccinopc.com/), and am wrestling with getting Debian
onto the beast.

Even Knoppix failed to configure the NICs and Winmodem -- it only
managed to get PCMCIA working (this on the 8-18-2002 Knoppix release,
Jan 30 2003 has bugs in PCMCIA config).  X11 runs well, though I'm not
sure if it's framebuffer or not (how do I check this?).

I'm having problems with both NICs, the Winmodem, and X11 config.

I've posted a summary of the system configuration to:

    http://kmself.home.netcom.com/Download/superego-system-info.txt

Mostly trolling for anyone who's seen this, I'll post additional details
tonight.

Peace.