[svlug] edit a 1GB file

Matt Billenstein matt at vazor.com
Sun Mar 30 22:28:44 PST 2003

Yup, size of the file may change.  It's a text file and I search for a line
matching some pattern and replace it with a different line.  I really only
do this once in a blue moon.  I was getting annoyed with Vim taking 10
minutes to load the file, a few minutes to find the line, and then like 5
minutes or so to save again.

thx

Matt Billenstein
matt at vazor.com