[svlug] old computer query

Rafael Skodlar raffi at linwin.com
Fri Mar 28 13:58:32 PST 2003

Gordon,

here is additional PDP computer related info I happen to come across

Company that makes hardware to connect PDP
peripherals to PCs http://www.logical-co.com/
http://www.logical-co.com/pci/pciprod.htm

http://www.pdp11.org

Unix grew up on PDP architecture and it's really tragic that so many
companies succeeded cloning IBM PeeCee and as a consequence created
"monster DOS company".

It's my impression that computer designers put much more time into
creating decent front panels than today. Compare
http://www.telnet.hu/hamster/pdp-11/kepek/1140-rdr.jpg
http://users.rcn.com/crfriend/museum/machines/pdp-8i.html to any PC
today not to mention sickening GUI output during boot on some, mostly
proprietary, OSes today.

Let us know how you solved your problem.

Enjoy,

--
Rafael
Computer History Museum volunteer