[svlug] old computer query

Rafael Skodlar raffi at linwin.com
Wed Mar 26 12:42:44 PST 2003

Hi Gordon,

The following links might help you find solution to your problem:
http://www.eskimo.com/~slack/emu.html
http://www.zorg.org/linux/emulation.shtml

There was a company in Europe making PDP computers on the board I
believe. The boards were both ISA or PCI I think and are running native
OS. I don't have links at hand or old magazines with the articles
describing problems people have replacing old PDPs in industrial
environment.

It's unfortunate our PCs are based on Intel architecture instead of PDP
computers, hardware where the original Unix was developed on.

--
Rafael